The Angolan rapper, Eva Rap Diva, was in the Independence Square today to perform the sale and autograph session of her most recent album entitled “EVA” under the proud look of her mother Ana Paula.
The singer dedicated the album “EVA” to her mother, maternal grandmother, a remarkable figure in her education and life, from whom she inherited the name, and is also inspired and dedicated to all Angolan women and the world. The same is composed of songs about relationships, sacrifice, joy, pain, loss, celebration, affection, betrayal, God and his great love for Hip Hop.
In an exclusive interview with AngoRussia, the rapper said that although the process of preparing the album was not easy, everything had a happy ending, like the title of her song that has Landrick participation.
“It was an intense process, it was many days of hard work, we had financial difficulties, but as inspiration and talent was not lacking in me and the team that works with me, everything has had its happy end. The audience will identify with this album because it is composed of songs with some kind of awareness and relevant content, “said Eva.
In addition to the fans, family and friends of the singer, several artists such as: Black Show, Extreme Sign, Raptile, Francis-MC Cabinda, Zoca Zoca, Mauro Pastrana, Mr Smallz , Gaia Beat, Paz Cast, Extreme Sign, Detergent, Selda among other colleagues of the singer.
Angolan Opposition Parties Rejects Election Results Declared By The Electoral Commission (CNE)
Angolan Opposition parties declares the results of the just concluded August 23rd Presidential polls illegitimate. Angola’s long serving President Jose Eduardo dos Santos, who has been the president of the oil rich African country for 40 years will soon hand over to a successor. However, 4 opposition parties has declared the results of the election illegal and unconstitutional. MPLA and 3 other political parties rejected the results declared by the National Electoral Commission, (CNE)
Something has happened with the Angolan elections of August 23 that may well be a first in Africa, if not universally. The spokesperson of the National Electoral Commission (CNE) yesterday announced “preliminary results” of the general elections when votes had not been tallied at municipal, provincial, or national levels.
The CNE official simply read a statement saying that the ruling MPLA, in power for the last 42 years, had won the elections by 64.57%, a landslide. According to the official, the main opposition UNITA trailed behind with 24.04%, the coalition CASA-CE came in third with 8.56%, while three other parties split the remainder of the votes.
With the 63% of the votes the CNE claims to have been counted, it has already gone ahead to allocate the 220 parliamentary seats, giving the ruling MPLA a two-thirds majority with 154 seats. After the public’s disbelief, CNE lowered MPLA’s majority to 61.10% and 150 seats.
The election results are: “False,” “fabricated,” “invented,” and “made up” are some of the words that various watchers and monitors of the electoral process have used to describe the results and numbers announced by CNE. Nowhere in Angola’s 18 provinces were votes tallied beyond the polling station.
Members of the National Electoral Commission who were on duty at the local, provincial and national level have confirmed that they did not observe or undertake any collation or tallying of results. Seven members of the National Electoral Commission board held a night press conference yesterday to distance themselves from the announced results.
They stated in no uncertain terms that there had been no official tallying of results anywhere beyond the polling stations. Furthermore, they explained that, by law, they must certify the tallying at the national level with all of their signatures for any official results to be valid.
That, however, did not happen. The situation was the same at the municipal and provincial levels. There was no tallying and, therefore, no certification of results took place at either of those levels.
But it does not matter anymore. Prior to the announcement by the spokesperson of CNE, Júlia Ferreira, the head of political and electoral affairs of MPLA, João Martins had already rallied the national and international media to claim victory by a landslide.
What numbers he put out were the very same ones read out later by CNE’s spokesperson.
It does not seem to matter anymore because the international media, whose opinion or verdict is, for better or worse, often important to lend credibility to elections in places like Angola, had already concluded even before a single vote was cast, that the MPLA would win comfortably.
Whether that win would be procured by fair or foul means was of no moment to them. The only thing they seemed interested in was to know a little bit more about Dos Santos’s sucessor – General João Lourenço.
A number of international observers, particularly Portuguese politicians, predictably praised the elections as “perfect”.
What now? As a critical Angolan citizen it is my duty to question the whole process. There is already an international narrative established by the international media and political pundits about the comfortable win of MPLA.
Why couldn’t the National Electoral Commission abide by the law, and have the votes tallied? In the past three elections (1992, 2008, 2012), there was no shame in stuffing ballots, and other tricks in the book to ensure predetermined “landslide victories”. But at least the Electoral Law was observed as far the tallying of the results.
This time there was a major difference.
The opposition organized itself to undertake parallel tallying of the votes. They had battled hard for the electoral law to be observed as far as the monitoring of the polling stations and access of the official and signed copies of local results.
Also, the broader use of smartphones helped. Within minutes copies of the certified polling station results were being disseminated in the social media, as citizens took a keen interest in monitoring the elections.
By law, the results of each polling station must be posted locally for the public to see, immediately after they have been certified by the local members of the Electoral Commision and agents of the competing political parties.
As the evening progressed on August 23, it became clear from the certified results at polling stations across the country that the ruling MPLA would not coast comfortably to victory. In fact, it was well on the way to losing in the capital Luanda. That was when the official tallying of the votes at local, provincial and national levels was suspended.
Ordinary Angolans have long been fed up with the kleptocratic regime of the MPLA and the accompanying neglect by the government of its social responsibilities, a severe economic crisis, widespread joblessness, and decades of misrule and sheer incompetence.
What happened in these elections is that the Angolan people came to understand the value of the secrecy of the vote. MPLA could no longer control the hearts and minds of people through fear mongering, outright repression and corruption.
Yet, MPLA has proven to be a master manipulator of the international media by getting it to buy into its narratives that serve to perpetuate and legitimize its power. This time it has managed yet again to procure international acceptance of the outright stealing of elections in the most crude and unbelievable manner: No tallying of the results.
Angolan voters have been robbed. These elections have cost over half a billion dollars. Recently, the National Electoral Commission received an additional US $250 million from the presidency, from a slush fund, according to some sources. What for?
For the international community it might be just business as usual with the Angolan regime. All that conversation about democracy and rule of law has never been meant sincerely. The Southern Africa Development Community Observation Mission has already declared the Angolan elections free and fair.
Angolans must learn how to overcome the fractures of its social fabric to band together in ending this state of affairs and this regime of bandits.
Angolan Presidential Election – Job, Corruption Top On João Lourenço’s Agenda
João Lourenço was speaking Saturday in central Huambo province during a public rally that kick-started his party’s electoral campaign.
João Lourenço mentioned decentralization of public services as other measures MPLA will take to improve the living of the population, should it win the forthcoming 23 August election.
The politician said that “if the fight against corruption fails, the whole organization of the national economy will be affected.”
He spoke of the need for a greater attention to the economy in order to improve the country’s business environment and attract more foreign investment.
João Lourenço also mentioned measures to fight the regional asymmetries, by taking development into the inland regions of the country and significantly reduce bureaucracy.
The ruling MPLA party’s presidential candidate spoke of the need for a fairer distribution of the national wealth, through social and economic inclusion policies, so that more people gain access to businesses.
With 763,936 registered voters, Huambo ranks fourth among the country’s most disputed electoral regions.
In the 2012 election, MPLA grabbed four of the five parliamentary seats of Huambo’s constituency.
Six parties are gearing to the fourth Angolan general election. They are the ruling MPLA party, and opposition UNITA, PRS, FNLA, APN and CASA-CE coalition.
Angola – MPLA promises to lower unemployment rate in country
The MPLA candidate for President of the Republic, João Lourenço, promised in Uíge to lower the unemployment rate in the country if he wins the elections of August 23. João Lourenço assumed this commitment during a rally in this city and said that to solve the problem the MPLA will boost the economy and bet heavily on the private sector so that it takes on the responsibility of giving more and more jobs to the young people.
“It is our greatest concern and high priority for MPLA to lower unemployment rates. We want to see a society with the lowest levels of unemployment so that most working-age citizens have jobs, “said the MPLA candidate.
João Lourenço understands that the State has the responsibility to create the environment so that the private sector grows and fulfills its responsibility to give employment to the citizens. The MPLA candidate, who was addressing thousands of militants, said that the most important thing is to work for the country to have more citizens employed.
João Lourenço spoke of the MPLA’s pretensions in the various domains of governance if he wins the elections of August 23 and highlighted education, transport, public works, diplomacy, defense, health and agriculture as priorities of his party.
By ensuring that the MPLA has the best governance program in these areas for 2017-2022, João Lourenço said that his party is working “hard” to ensure victory in the August 23 elections and has made a commitment to bring progress and The economic and social development that the country needs.
During his speech, João Lourenço made a serious commitment to the formation of the man and said that the country relies on national cadres to stop depending on foreigners. “The national framework, beyond knowing, feels the homeland and the need to progress for the development of his country,” said João Lourenço, for whom the valuation of human capital is necessary for the development of Angola.
João Lourenço acknowledged the shortage of cadres that Angola has in terms of quality and quantity to ensure development. “There is still a very large deficit of cadres. We need more in all areas. We have to strive to achieve the optimum in terms of quantity and quality, “stressed the majority party’s vice president.
Angola, Mali, Nigeria and Sudan to recieve Russian attack, transport helicopters
Over the next year, Russian Helicopters will deliver Mi-8/17 transport and Mi-24/35 attack helicopters to Nigeria, Mali, Angola and Sudan.
This is according to Yury Demchenko, Rosoboronexport delegation head for the Africa Aerospace and Defence (AAD) exhibition, which took place at Air Force Base Waterkloof between 14 and 18 September.
He said that Russia exported helicopters to Angola, Sudan, Uganda and Rwanda over the last five years. “In 2016-2017, we plan to continue exporting these helicopters to Angola, Mali, Sudan, Nigeria. Our position in the African helicopter market is solid, so we are optimistic about the prospects of cultivating it further.”
Nigeria is set to receive 12 Mi-35M helicopters by 2018, according to Anatoly Punchuk, deputy head of Russia’s Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation. He told RIA Novosti that the helicopters were ordered in October 2015.
Demchenko said during AAD that he predicts further business from Africa, especially with regard to peacekeeping missions on the continent. He also sees the defence and security market growing due to terrorism, piracy, smuggling and trafficking.
“The share of Africa in the world export of weapons is relatively small. For instance sub-Saharan Africa accounts for about 2%, but the statistics of Russian weapons sales by Rosoboronexport in Africa showed steady growth for several years. A similar situation can be observed in northern Africa, where a number of countries in recent years considerably built up purchases of Russian weapons to have entered the list of our main partners in the sphere of military-technical cooperation.
“Besides, African states have been building up their participation in regional and international peacekeeping missions,” he said.
Rosoboronexport has an order backlog of more than $21 billion, Demchenko told IHS Jane’s during AAD. He added that the drop in oil prices has not affected exports to oil producing African nations.
The day before AAD, Russia and South Africa held the first bilateral seminar on defence industrial cooperation. Punchuk told TASS that “South Africa has a major industrial potential while Russia can offer a lot in the sphere of defence, security and law enforcement. We proposed long-term hi-tech cooperation.”
“We discussed what to begin with, i.e. various models of industrial cooperation, including financial aspects. We have high-tech platforms which can be integrated with existing South African systems or maybe even with future jointly created new technologies,” Punchuk said.
South Africa’s Secretary for Defence, Dr Sam Gulube, said he was enthusiastic and interested in defence industrial cooperation but cautioned that contracts would only come with time.
Angola’s Social Renewal Party Picks 3 Candidates, Schedules National Congress
Angola’s Social Renewal Party (PRS) has scheduled its congress for 29, 30 and 31 May, but so far the Organizing Committee has not officially received any candidacy.
Meanwhile, VOA learned from a PRS source that the economist Sapalo Antonio, the former member of the PRS Government, João Baptista Nandagina, and Benedito Daniel are in the race for leadership. Daniel has been taking the leadership of the party because President Eduardo Kuangana is sick.
“The congress has already been convened, the municipal and provincial commissions have been set up, we are waiting for candidacies for the presidency and on May 29th, 30th and 31st we will see who gets the best,” explained Manuel Muxito, coordinator of the Organizing Committee.
Of the three names considered to the succession of Eduardo Kuangana, Sapalo Antonio says to have the machine tuned, but not only for the party. “My goal is not just to be president of PRS, but my goal is to go further, to achieve the leadership of the country,” he told VOA.
Both João Ngandagina and Benedito Daniel prefer to speak only after the formal submission of their candidacies to the Organizing Committee. The PRS is the third party force in the parliamentary opposition with three seats in the National Assembly.
Angolan Public university with 5,385 places for 50,000 candidates
Agostinho Neto University, the largest public university in Angola, has 5,385 places for the approximately 50,000 candidates that are expected in the registration process that began announced the institution. According to the spokesperson and director of the institutional communications office, Arlindo Isabel, of the 5,385 seats, 5% will be “for the former combatants and their heirs”, according to Agostinho Neto University’s 45 courses. Registrations started today and continue until January 21, followed by access exams between January 30 and February 6, before the beginning of the school year. “Today is the first day and we will see what the degree of adherence will be, but our organization is prepared to serve between 3,000 and 4,000 students a day. Usually at the end of the process, they apply for the vacancies available between 45 and 50 thousand candidates, “he said. The 2017 academic year in higher education in Angola officially starts in March.
The phone costs 40% more in Angola from 01 November
Analysts expect Jose Eduardo dos Santos just let President in 2022
Angolan government suspended all trade with North Korea
Angolan government suspended all trade with North Korea, and banned North Korean companies operating in Angola after the UN sanctions against Pyongyang, said a ministry official South Korean Foreign Affairs, Reuters recently.
Angola was buying the suspected military equipment in 2011 from North Korea by the company Green Pine Associated Corp, which is under UN sanctions, according to a 2016 UN report. North Korea had also cooperated with Angola in healthcare, information technology and construction.
Last year the Washington Times published a article, accused the Pyongyang government to provide military instructors for training of a UGP battalion in Benfica section in Luanda.
Edusa Chindicasse and Vanda Pedro return with the “Vedetas”
The actresses Edusa Chindicasse and Vanda Pedro will return on the 29th, 30th and 31st of this month, starting at 8:00 p.m., at the 14 de Abril Central School of Kilamba, at the opening of the second season of the “As Vedetas” project.
This phase was due to start on Friday, but was postponed due to the commemorative activities of National Culture Day.
The show is based on the book by French writer and director Luciano Ambert. The director Flávio Ferrão adapted the play to the Angolan social and cultural reality, where the two actresses describe conflicts in personal relationships.
Debuted in Luanda in October, the play reflects the incessant struggle of people to achieve fame and fortune, trampling civic and moral principles and professional ethics. The two characters make, in 55 minutes of show, a portrait of dreams realized, lost and postponed and realized.
In the second season of the Cultura para Todos project, held jointly by the Pitabel Theater Company and the Kilamba Centrality Administration, the show “Caminhos do Coração” will be shown by the Protevida group on 5, 6 and 7 February, and Premiere of the piece Changing of Subject, by Pitabel, on days 12, 13 and 14.
On February 19, 20 and 21, Etu Lene will perform the show “The Wizard and the Smart” and the “Amazonas” group will stage the play If it were not for women on the 26th, 27th and 28th.
Until May, the stage of the April 14 Central School of Kilamba will host the theater groups Miragens (Mad for Women), Enigma (The Big Question), Love for the Art (Beware of the Mouth), Prodartes (Hamlet), Twana (Roque Santeiro) and Pitabel (The border of the asphalt).
Give your opinion!